Water Softener Sienna Plantation TX

The Science Behind Water Softening: Why It Matters in Sienna Plantation, TX

Water softening is a crucial part of water treatment that significantly improves the quality of water we use daily. At Water of Texas, we consider it our mission to provide the residents of Sienna Plantation, TX, with reliable water softener systems complemented by comprehensive water treatment and water filtration processes.
Behind Water Softening
Commercial Water Softeners

The Mechanism of Water Softeners

The science behind water softeners is fascinating. These systems work by replacing excess calcium and magnesium ions, which cause water hardness, with sodium or potassium ions, thus softening the water. This process is known as ion exchange and is essential in preventing the adverse effects of hard water on your appliances, plumbing, and personal health.
Commercial Water Softeners

Role of Reverse Osmosis in Water Filtration

Alongside water softeners, we also incorporate reverse osmosis in our water filtration systems. Reverse osmosis uses a semipermeable membrane to remove contaminants, ensuring the purest water for your household needs.

Beyond Residential: Commercial Water Treatment

In addition to residential services, we offer commercial water treatment solutions to local businesses. We understand that companies have specific needs, and our commercial water treatment services are designed to meet these requirements while maintaining the highest standards of water quality.

The science of water softening is not just about improving water taste and quality. It’s about providing a comprehensive solution to hard water problems for the residents and businesses in Sienna Plantation, TX. If you need to improve your water quality, Water of Texas is here to help with state-of-the-art water softeners, filtration, and treatment systems.

Get a Free Water Test, Evaluation, and

Lead is odorless and colorless, making it hard to spot. It can also make our water taste sweet. Long-term exposure leads to different health problems. Lead enters our systems through old pipes and infrastructure. If your home was built before 1986, schedule a water test today.
Fluoride naturally occurs in surface and groundwater systems, but is also added to many drinking water systems. While fluoride is often advertised for reducing dental issues, it can damage your teeth and bones through long-term exposure and ingestion. This contaminant is tasteless and odorless, however, it’s easily detectable in a water test.
The levels at which these minerals are present determines the hardness of your water. It can leave mineral deposits on your glassware, dry out your skin, and give a sour smell to your clothing from the buildup of soap curds.
Nitrates may be naturally occurring ions, but they’re a health concern when it goes beyond a certain concentration. Nitrates are common in our groundwater, as it enters our water sources from fertilizers, manure storage, and septic systems. This contaminant is nearly impossible to identify without a water test, as it is odorless, tasteless, and colorless.
Exposure to mercury in water can be damaging to our brain, nervous system, and kidneys. It can enter our home after flowing into underground water supplies. Mercury is odorless and hard to detect with the naked eye, however, a water test will help you evaluate if the contaminant is present.
Bacteria can enter our drinking water through a faulty septic tank or wastewater treatment system. Common bacterial strains include E.Coli and Salmonella. Bacteria in water can make you sick, causing symptoms such as cramps, nausea, and fever.
Copper arrives from our plumbing pipes. Our bodies have natural defense mechanisms for maintaining healthy levels of copper, but this doesn’t develop until after we are one year old. Therefore, copper poses a concern for newborn babies, infants, and those with a genetic copper metabolism disorder. This contaminant appears tasteless and odorless, so make sure to schedule home water testing today!
Arsenic is one of the more dangerous contaminants, as it is odorless and tasteless. This contaminant becomes toxic after continuous exposure. Long-term exposure has been linked to various health and skin conditions. Arsenic is common in homes that use a private well or are close to an industrial or agricultural area.